Your Health Matters!
While we naturally focus on helping our loved ones during their recovery, it is important that we also give ourselves permission to take care of ourselves so that we do not “burn out”. Here are some tips and resources to help you learn about self-care.
Remember to Take Care of Yourself!
- Acknowledge what you are going through as a caregiver.
- You may be angry, scared, disappointed, ashamed and unsure what to do.
- All of these feelings are normal.
- Take a deep breath and recognize that this is a difficult time for you and your family.
- It is okay to be feeling a wide-range of emotions.
Self-Care Steps You Can Take
- Seek professional counseling for yourself.
- Find a support group.
- Reach out to others.
- Do things that make you feel better.